Thursday 24 January 2008

Love Cats update 1

Here's a total change in style... This is the Margaret Sherry freebie from this month CrossStitcher. It's very weird to stitch: big fabric, short length of threads (leading to spending more time finnishing/rethreading threads than actually stitching), fractionals, and later... backstitching. Because of the 14 count aida, it feels like doing a kit for starting kids ! Oh my !

Now that my School of Needlework is finnished, Pink Canary and I were thinking about doing another SAL. After seeing Curly Q Ewe (from LHN) on 2 blogs yesterday, I felt the need to stitch it. I even read that Pink Canary was planning on stitching it... so there you go... If you want to stitch it and join the fun, you are welcome !

Of course, I had to do something until Feb 1st. I really like to stitch vintage nowadays. So I was thinking about "Ye old coffee shoppe".

Problem is... I didn't find any fabric I wanted to stitch it on. I really want to stitch it on cream, but I used all my cream apparently. Of course, I could stitch it on flax, but when I started School of Needlework, I remember I also wanted to stitch it on cream, and ended up stitching on flax because I couldn't find any 32count cream linen in shops. So I ordered some from Sew Discounted, with a bit of luck it will come before the week end...

So for the moment, I concentrate on the Love Cats, and on crocheting a special lace for the Valentine project.

------------------------------------------

Voici un changement de style total... C'est un freebie de CrossStitcher, les petits chats de St Valentin. J'ai du mal avec ce projet: une grosse toile aida, des fils trop courts (ce qui fait qu'on passe plus de temps a terminer le fil, renfiler que de vraiment broder), des fractionals, du point arriere... J'ai quand meme l'impression de faire un truc pour enfant debutant.

Maintenant que School of Needlework est fini, Pink Canary et moi allons faire un autre SAL: Curly Q Ewe. Je l'ai vu fini sur 2 blogs, et Pink Canary avait ecrit sur l'un d'eux qu'elle voulait le commencer... donc voila ! Si vous voulez vous joindre a nous, pas de probleme !

En attendant le 1er fevrier pour commencer, je voulais faire un autre vieux LHN. Je suis tres "vintage colonial" en ce moment. Donc je voulais faire "Ye old coffee shoppe", mais aucune de mes toiles ne m'attiraient. Je veux du creme. Seulement voila, a force de "vouloir du creme", j'ai utilise toute la toile que j'avais.

Je pourrais utiliser du flax, mais j'ai deja fait ca pour School of Needlework, et je ne veux pas me frustrer une deuxieme fois, donc j'ai commande de la toile a Sew Discounted. Avec un peu de chance, elle arrivera avant le week end...

Donc en ce moment, je brode les Love Cats, et je crochete une dentelle pour mon projet St Valentin.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Bon début pour ces petits chats! Je n'ai pas regardé le kit de près, mais je n'aime pas trop l'aida, alors si je le fais, je changerais! ok pour Curly pour le 1er fev! Il faut que je trouve une toile aussi!
biz

Leeland said...

Je garde le modèle Curly Q Ewe pour le printemps, bien que ça me démange de le commencer aussi...
Dur de repasser à l'aida, en effet...
Bisous!
Lili

patternnuts said...

Great progress!
I started a Margaret Sherry kit and having not even touched 14ct in ages it's odd to me. But since it was a rush deal- I will take it.
This is my first Margaret Sherry design ever!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good start on Love Cats. I think that's a very cute design!

Anonymous said...

Love cats is adorable! I'm stitching a MS design once again (New Years Resolution from the 2004/2005 calendar I believe or the 2003/2004 - well one of them!) It's amazing how they look like nothing until the backstitching is put on it..then voila! The design just pops out! Nice to be catching up on your blog again San, it's been a while, but finally getting back to the stitching world...I have been stitching, but not much reading of blogs! Take care. Petra

stitcherw said...

Nice start on your MS cats. As soon as I saw it I thought it was one of her cats, although I didn't know which one until I read your entry. Her style is so distinctive and fun. Curly Q is cute too, I'll enjoy watching that one progress when you get it started as well.
Sue

Anonymous said...

dommage! Moi aussi je garde le Curly Q Ewe pour le printemps...
Quoique vous me tentez beaucoup avec ce SAL!