Friday 14 March 2008

The Amigurumi invasion

Amigurumi = the art of crocheting in round.

Yesterday I finally got the courage to get my hook and yarns... I wanted to make the funny chicken I saw the pattern for on Deviantart. Big funny chicken, with "pipe cleaners" for feet ! It took about an hour to make, but then I couldn't stop, and I decide to make a bunny, without pattern.
...
Cute little bunny... I still have to work on the design a bit. I had to make a basket because it looked a bit unfinished on its own.

Then this morning I added brass flowers on the basket, and a big sunflower button.

Now I feel like making more... I love to crochet. It's my big paradox. I love the technique, and even more, I love to mak doilies because of all the different stitches. But, like lacemaking, I don't know what to do with the final product. Doilies shout little old lady house, and I like mine to have a more modern/country feel. So making little animals in crochet is a good output for me.

Only problem is that it's not really portable, with the ball of yarn and stuffing and all... I will have to try with smaller thread !!!

In the meantime, these are 2 additions to my Easter collection....

-------------------------------------------------

Amigurumi = crocheter en rond, en japonais.

Hier j'ai enfin eu le courage de prendre mon crochet et de la laine pour faire le petit poulet que j'avais vu sur le net. Enfin, un gros poulet amusant, avec des pieds en "cure-pipe". Ca n'a pris qu'une heure a faire, et apres je ne pouvais plus m'arreter, et j'ai fait un petit lapin, cette fois-ci sans patron.

Mon lapinou tout mignon... Je dois encore travailler sur ce design. Il semblait bizarre tout seul comme ca, donc j'ai fait un panier decore de fleurs. Et je dois encore en faire d'autres !!!

J'aime faire du crochet. J'aime la technique, mais je n'aime pas faire des articles vestimentaires (j'aime pas le look, et c'est trop long !), je prefere faire le style napperon, avec les differents points, mais que ferais-je de napperons? Je ne veux pas les mettre chez moi, ca fait trop "petite vieille". Donc je vis dans un paradoxe... Au moins, les petits animaux, c'est rigolos !!!

Le seul truc ce'st que c'est pas tres portable, comme le point de croix, il faudrait que j'essaye en coton fin....

Entre temps, ma collection de Paques s'aggrandit

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ouahou ils sont tous mignons. Je vais essayer de me relancer dans le crochet moi :) vais aller voir le lien que tu as donner.
Merci
Alfine

Anonymous said...

En te lisant j'ai l'impression de lire ce que j'aurais pu ecrire.
J'adore le crochet mais les napperons c'est vieillot, les habits c'est pas toujours ca.
Depuis un moment je pense qu'a cela au Amigurumi (merci pour l'explication du mot), et je vais m'y mettre aussi ce week end.
J'ai trouve des modeles tres sympas et des blogs pas mal du tout non plus!
Et bravo pour tes realisations, moi je vais commencer par un poulpe.

Leeland said...

Ooooh I especially love the bunny!!!
And I hate crochetting as far as I'm concerned. I love the crochet lace that you can use to adorn small pillows, they're beautiful.
Finally, you'll have a few beautiful things to hang in DBF's tree!
Big huge hugs,
Lili

Jenn M said...

Adorable! I am desperate to learn crochet. I have even bought an Anigurumi animals book in anticipation of learning. I'm supposed to learn soon; I tried it on my own but it was a disaster....

Ginny said...

Oh my gosh, that duck is soooo cute! I had no idea there was a name for crocheting in the round; I learn something every day. Looking forward to hopefully seeing more cute critters.

Unknown said...

Hello! I found your blog from reading Chiloe's corner. I love the chick and bunny. Wish I had that talent. And I love your blog.
Becca

Anonymous said...

Ils sont adorables! J'aimerais bien essayer (encore une chose que je voudrais faire...)mais j'ai peur que ça soit super compliqué, je ne suis pas très patiente!
bises

Sachiko said...

Oh!What a lovely your amigurumi!!
I like amigurumi,too!I made big cat few years ago.I want to make little amigurumi.