Tuesday 20 May 2008

Back in the garden....

I seem to be in a rotation phase... I have "Garden Girl", "Bee Harmony", "Flying owl" and "Pink Fairies" on the go. If you look closely, each project represent a stitching style.

Garden girl is a no backstitching, blocks country style project. Bee Harmony is all about speciality stitches. The flying owl is all in tones and realistic. And the Pink fairies is a classical European style, realistic and backstitched.

So I decided not to start a project in one of those styles unless the ongoing project is finished. Why?

Yesterday I received my order from 123Stitch. The threads for "Home of a needleworker too" (LHN, you know, the threads I can't find anywhere in my house...), a Stoney Creek Halloween booklet, "Wool needlebook and fob" (LHN) and "Beatrice" from the Trilogy (cute bunny design). Now that I have the threads, I really want to stitch Home of a needleworker. But I don't want to leave Garden girl, so I decided to finish that first.

And so I have to finish it fast, right? Here you see a picture of it, all I have to do is another bottom border, and the border around it.

I'm glad you like my flying owl project. I hate working on dark fabric. Isn't that weird? I don't mind doing intricate mini work, but dark fabric... yuck ! It's a shame, because the final result is usually stunning. I find it easier to work with my daylight lamp though, because I can see the holes better. Can someone revive Lili please?

Ginny, did you finish your snowflakes on dark blue aida? Weren't they super great, despite the difficulty?

I had a look at the Mystery sampler of Anne les petites croix, and now I want to stitch that project, doh ! I don't really like that kind of pochette, so I guess I would have to make a bellpull anyway... sort of.
Zeb, congratulations on finishing so many projects ! Personally I'm a serial starter. I have to fight my tendancies... if only to show finishes on my blog !!! ;)

I have to say my little turtle is a hit. Apparently, the cat not so much. That's ok, I don't really like it either ;) It's really not difficult to make. That's the kind of craft we used to make as kids... We used to make little crocodiles. I think I'll make some more turtles... it's relaxing.

---------------------------------------

Je suis dans une periode rotation...Je travaille sur "Garden Girl", "Bee Harmony", "flying owl" et "Pink fairies". En fait, chaque projet represente un style particulier: Garden girl est de l'americana en blocs sans points arriere, Bee Harmony est tout en points speciaux, le hibou est photo realiste, et les fees sont du style europeen realiste avec plein de points arriere. Et j'ai decide de ne rien commencer a moins d'avoir termine un projet du meme style.

Je suis generalement prise de startite aigue, j'aime commencer, mais pas trop finir. Je dois dire que ecrire mon blog m'incite a finir, pour vous montrer des trucs acheves. La tentation est pourtant grande depuis hier, ou j'ai recu ma commande de 123Stitch, avec les fils necessaires pour broder "Home of a needleworker too" (les fils perdus en Fevrier). Donc forcement j'ai envie de le commencer, mais pas avant d'avoir fini Garden Girl, qui est plus proche de la fin que du debut,vu qu'il ne manque que des bordures...

En plus des fils j'ai aussi recu des grilles Halloween de Stoney Creek, "Wool needlebook and fob" de LHN et "Beatrice" de The Trilogy.

Je suis contente que mon hibou vous plaise. Je dois admettre que je deteste travailler sur de la toile foncee, ce qui est dommage vu que le resultat est generalement super. Je trouve plus facile de broder avec la lampe lumiere du jour, car on voit mieux les trous a travers. Est-ce que quelqu'un peut relever Lili qui s'est evanouie?

J'ai regarde le Mystery sampler de Anne les petites croix, et maintenant je veux broder ce projet... hum... Sinon, je ne pense pas que le format pochette convienne a Bee Harmony, surtout que je n'aime pas ce style de pochette, je ne sais pas a quoi ca peut servir. Donc je suppose que le sampler finira sur le mur...

Apparemment ma petite tortue est un hit, mais pas trop le chat. c'est pas grave, je ne l'aime pas trop non plus. En fait, c'est assez simple a faire, c'est le genre de choses qu'on faisait etant enfant, en fait c'etait surtout des crocodiles... Ca relaxe d'enfiler les perles...

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Il est super joli, j'avoue que je ne me lasse pas des modèles LHN/CCN, enfin de les regarder car j'ai lâchement abandonné ma Garden girl...et pourtant, j'avais démarré en flèche. Ah...c'est donc ça, la startite aigue...bon, j'en suis atteinte également! "pink fairies"?? j'ai pas vu, c'est où?? Ah zut alors, tu n'a pas retrouvé les fils finalement. Le mystery sampler, je suis à la bourre, il me plait mais...et pour les bestioles en perles, le fameux croco fait petite ressemblait à une banane, j'ai du être traumatisée donc...et je refoule cet échec!! lolku
gros gros bisous

Zeb said...

Heheh don't worry, most of the projects I start are small anyway because I know that I can lose motivation so quickly. The more smaller projects I complete, the more motivated I'll be... or atleast thats my way of thinking!

Oh! I recently won issue 181 of the Cross Stitcher magazine on a local auction site. Haven't had a chance to go through it yet (am at work) but were you in this magazine?

patternnuts said...

I have never made little animals from beads before... is it a common kid-craft? I think they are cute.

Ginny said...

Yes, San, I finished my snowflakes. Although they were simple, I remember sitting by the window to stitch them so I could see! This was a long time, before I knew about magnifiers and Ott lights.

Leeland said...

That's an interesting "rotation" phase and all the projects are gorgeous. I tend to do that myself, with a monochromous among them when I just don't feel like threading needles...
At the moment, alas, I stitch very little but paint a lot... my windows... And also place a lot of tape between walls and ceilings and windows so DH can paint... It all feels vain but the result might be OK in the end...
I love the cat but I see it more like a pokemon. Don't ask... Lol!
I need a little motivation on Anne's sampler, just start it! Lol!!!
Gotta get Daph to school and then another layer of paint... I'll read and comment your next post later then...
Hugs!
Lili