Thursday 17 July 2008

Plants sprouted out !

I've been a busy stitcher yesterday, and look ! I made all the greens, and the house roof...

And I experimented with "by row" vs " "by stitch" with those lovely Crescent Colours overdyed threads.

It all started when Kim told me that she was always stitching by row of half crosses with overdyed, and I was very surprised because the lovely cushion she made made a few years back with 2 friends all in overdyed was nicely variegated.

So here, you can see the blue of the house not so much variegated, stitch by stitch, while the roof is by row, but has nice variations. Of course the variations of the blue thread is more subtle in nature, but overall... You can use either way of stitching, and you still get nice results.

And talking about busy... Pink Canary sent me the "Busy Needle" pattern from LHN, which is quite a researched item from the fans as it's exclusive to the Busy needle needlework shop in Tucson. Once again... thank you so much Pink Canary ! I know it will be perfect for a pouch....

Ginny, I too found the big blocks of the house tedious, but that's why I started the design there: so I can have it done and start the fun stuff ! However, stitching the roof by row made it go faster (and uses less thread !)

--------------------------------

J'ai beaucoup brode hier, et voila toute la vegetation faite ! J'ai aussi experimente avec les fils speciaux, en brodant par lignes le toit, alors que le reste est fait croix par croix. Et pourtant, qu'est ce qui a l'air le plus varie? He oui, le toit. Paradoxe...

J'avais oublie de dire que Pink Canary m'avait envoye "Busy Needle" de Little House Needlework, qui est une grille tres convoitee car elle n'est dispo que dans la boutique "Busy Needle" de Tucson. Donc... encore un grand merci Pink Canary ! Je vois ca tres bien en pochette...

Ginny, la maison est en effet longue et ennuyeuse a faire,c 'est pour ca que j'ai commence par la. Mais faire le toit par ligne etait plus rapide (et demande moins de fils !)

6 comments :

Nathdmc said...

Waouh superbe avancée !!!! Le virus de la broderie serait-il de retour chez toi ?????? Moi c'est plutôt crochet et couture pour le moment..... mais un peu de xxxx tout de même !
Big Bizoux, Nath.

Annie said...

I usually do a stitch at a time when I used the color variations threads, but sometimes I'm not satisfied with the stripy look in the end. So I might think about trying the row by row to see if I like the more subtly blended effect.. kind of 'heathery' look.
Your piece is looking good. Actually I like the idea of doing some of each method within the same piece.

stitcherw said...

You've made great progress, it looks wonderful. I especially like the roof, the way the coloring is working it reminds me of shingles.
Sue

Daffycat said...

I'm doing my Mouton Rouge piece in overdyes (GAST) and am stitching in rows AND using the loop start...in effect; tweeding. I wanted very subtle variation and I quite like the results.

The variation in your piece looks smashing! I do like the way the roof turned out. Great work!

Ginny said...

It's looking great. I love the shading. The look you get from overdyed threads is so nice. Love it!

Kucki68 said...

Thank you for sharing your experience with the overdied threads. I found that interesting, I would not have thought of doing row by row with that thread.