Friday 2 January 2009

And now... famous critters !!!

I decided to make a little Yoda (3cm/1inch), and not only I was happy with the result, but so was DBF, who asked for an amigurumi Maya (the bee, famous cartoon from the 80ies, I know French and Spanish people know her).

So I tool my 1mm hook again and made a 1.5 inch (4cm) Maya, with wings and all. It's the first time I try to make hair on a crochet character, and it's ok for this one.

Now DBF wants a mini himself, but I first have to get the proper colour threads. I use Anchor Perle 8 (12 for Yoda's body) and I don't really know where to find them. I hope to find some in K'thylda today. I didn't get any crafty gifts, but I got the money for them ;)

It's funny to see that some of you prefered the bunny, and others the kitty. After all, they are very different styles, so.... it's all logical.

For those of you who are afraid to start your own... You just have to start from the begining ! There was a time I thought crocheting in round was mission impossible, but now it's piece of cake ! Start with yarn and a 4mm hook, and you'll make cuddly friends !

oh, and before I forget again... Happy New Year to you all !!!!

---------------------------------------------

Au départ, je voulais faire un petit Yoda (3cm) et je dois avouer que je suis satisfaite du résultat. Et pas que moi, DBF a trouvé ça si super qu'il a voulu que je fasse une petite Maya l'abeille (4cm), donc j'ai essayé, avec les ailes et pour la première fois, des cheveux !

Et maintenant DBF veut un mini-lui, mais je manque de couleur de fil.... j'espère en trouver à K'thylda aujourd'hui, car c'est dur à trouver, des pelotes de Perle 8 (et 12 pour le corps de Yoda). Je n'ai pas eu de cadeaux de crafts, mais j'ai eu des sous pour, si vous voyez ce que je veux dire... ;)

C'est drole de voir que chacun de vous a son préféré, lapin ou chaton... il faut dire que leurs styles sont tellement différents qu'il y en a pour tous les gouts !

Pour celles qui n'osent pas se lancer.... Sachez qu'il fut un temps ou il me semblait impossible de crocheter en rond... donc il faut de la pratique, et commencez avec de la laine et un crochet 4 !

Et avant que j'oublie à nouveau..... Bonne année à tous !!!

6 comments :

Shebafudge said...

They are both so cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year San!! Very cute Yoda.

Zohrah

Ginny said...

Love that Yoda! What a great job you did in capturing the essence of him.

Anonymous said...

Bonne année à toi aussi !

Nathdmc said...

Belles réalisations, surtout si elles sont faites sans modéles !
J'ai hâte de voir le miniBDF !!!!
Bonne et heureuse Année 2009
Bizoux, Nath.

Chiloe said...

Bonne année avec plmeins de belles créations !!!!