Sunday 19 May 2013

The game of cardigans

With lots of catching up to do, I will have themed posts in the next days. Today I will talk about the main crafting activity : knitting cardigans.

Comme il y a beaucoup de choses à rattraper, ces jours prochains les posts seront thématiques. Et commençons avec l'activité qui a pris le plus de temps : les gilets et pulls tricotés. Chacun prend environ 3 semaines !!!

I started with a lovely and manly grey cardigan for DBF. Here is the pattern. It was my first cardigan knit, with raglan sleeves on top of it. It took 3 weeks or so, but I love the way it turned out. It's a very nice pattern, the cardi fits me too !

It's so cold these days DBF has already worn it a lot..

-------------------------------

J'ai commencé avec un gilet gris pour DBF, et ce fut un succès pour une première fois. Le gilet tombe super bien, et il me va bien aussi ! Un patron à retenir.

Il fait si froid ces jours-ci que DBF l'a déjà beaucoup porté...

Fueled with this first success, I started a blue v necked sweater for me. (yes, it's DBF who is modelling it, not me)

And the problems began. Too saggy, and the sleeves are too long, even for DBF. Needless to say it didn't fit me, and it was too big for DBF, so with nobody to wear it, I frogged the whole thing. This picture is all that's left of the sweater.

------------------------

Forte de ce premier succès, j'ai tricoté un pull bleu pour moi. Et là, cata, il est trop sac à patates , et les manches sont trop longues, même pour DBF, qui pourtant porte le pull sur la photo.

Comme personne ne pouvait le porter, j'ai tout défait !

I thought that a lacy cardigan would be better on my plump figure, so I made this blue cardigan with the frogged yarn. (no, this time DBF didn't model it, it would have been too ridiculous). Pattern here.

I'm still not 100% satisfied, it is a bit too short (for my taste) and it seems to be made for people with broad shoulders, but this time it will have to shape on me, or nothing. I'm already using it to warm myself up in the evening.... did I mention that it was still cold here?

Note that the buttons are pearly blue flowers....

-----------------------

J'ai donc utilisé la laine bleue pour faire ce gilet. Il ne me va pas encore 100% bien (pas assez long à mon gout et les épaules sont trop larges, mais cette fois-ci, il restera comme ça. Après tout, il est très confortable le soir devant la télé.... Ai-je déjà dit qu'il faisait froid?

1 comment :

Nathdmc said...

Beau travail, même si tu n'es pas entièrement contente du résultat.
Biz, et Bonne continuation, Nath.